Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Are you having difficulty repaying your debts? Are you in danger of losing your home or car?
The financial circumstances of millions of Americans have changed. Often, real property is worth a fraction of current loans. Income may have decreased. And interest rates, once manageable, may have skyrocketed through ARM adjustments and credit card default rates. Additionally, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) may have a significant effect on individuals and businesses in terms of the cost of health care and their debt situations.
If your financial circumstances surrounding your debt obligations have changed, now may be the time to take action through Chapter 13 bankruptcy. If you are struggling with significant debt, Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be able to provide:
- Immediate and lasting protection from creditors
- A way to drastically reduce your debt
Benefits of Chapter 13 Debt Relief and How an Attorney Can Help
At The Law Firm of Droder & Miller, we have handled hundreds of bankruptcy cases in the greater Cincinnati area. We can help you consider your bankruptcy and other debt relief options to provide a total solution to your financial problems. The frequent result? The elimination of debt, including second mortgage and judgment liens, for less than their full value.
Chapter 13 bankruptcy can provide fast and effective solutions to financial challenges. For instance:
- Chapter 13 provides immediate protection from home foreclosure. Once you file, lenders must stay their foreclosure actions, allowing you some breathing room to continue payments. This is true even if a sheriff’s sale has already been scheduled. Bankruptcy can stop your sheriff’s sale on the day of the auction.
- If you are being harassed by creditors, Chapter 13 offers an automatic stay for three to five years. After the repayment plan period is complete, many of your debts will have been eliminated or repaid.
In addition, Chapter 13 may allow you to:
- Catch up on your delinquent mortgage payments without paying interest
- Catch up on your tax liabilities in an interest-free and penalty-free environment
- Catch up on your child support obligations
- Pay off your car for what it is worth instead of what you owe, and at a significantly lower interest rate
- Repay unsecured creditors like credit card companies, utility companies and medical providers at a rate you can afford
Contact Our Cincinnati Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyers
For experienced Chapter 13 bankruptcy legal services, contact our law office for a no-cost initial consultation. With an office in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, we serve clients throughout southwest Ohio and northern Kentucky.